At an event in New York, Apple announced a list of the best games and applications of the year. The company also announced the Apple Music Awards.
Developers from all over the world continue to inspire us with innovative applications that have a powerful impact on culture and change our lives. The best apps and games of 2019 on the App Store reflect our commitment to creativity, communication, and passion, ”Phil Schiller, Apple’s Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing
Best apps of 2019
- IPhone app of the year – Specter Camera (Lux Optics)
- IPad app of the year – Flow by Moleskine (Moleskine)
- Mac App of the Year – Affinity Publisher (Serif Labs)
- Apple TV App of the Year – The Explorers (The Explorers Network)
The best games of 2019
- Game of the Year for the iPhone – “Sky: Children of the Light” (thatgamecompany)
- Game of the Year for the iPad – Hyper Light Drifter (Abylight SL)
- Game of the Year for Mac – GRIS (Devolver / Nomada Studio)
- Game of the Year for Apple TV – “Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap” (DotEmu)
Apple also talked about the best game that is part of the Apple Arcade service library. Such a game was Sayonara Wild Hearts from the developer Simogo.
Popular apps for 2019 include YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat, and games include the Mario Kart Tour, Color Bump 3D, and aquapark.io. Complete listings are available on the App Store ( apps , games ).