iOS 13.5 GM or Golden Master was released to Developers and soon to Public Beta testers. iOS 13.5 GM is the final release that should be out to the public soon and is a rename of iOS 13.4.5. iOS 13.5 brings new features for contact tracing, FaceID, FaceTime, Music, fixes to mail and more. In this video I go over all the new features and updates of iOS 13.5 on the iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPad Air 2. Apple also released watchOS 6.2.5 today along with tvOS 13.4.5 GM, and iPadOS 13.5 GM.
After opening the public beta of iOS 13.5 back in April, Apple released the GM (golden master) builds today. … The iOS 13.5 update brings a more polished version of the COVID-19 contact tracing app and also tweaks FaceID which can now easily unlock the user’s device even if they are wearing masks.
iOS 13.5 GM changelog:
Face ID and Passcode
- Simplified unlock process for devices with Face ID when you are wearing a face mask
- Passcode field automatically presented after swiping up from the bottom of the Lock screen when you are wearing a face mask
- Also works when authenticating with the App Store, Apple Books, Apple Pay, iTunes, and other apps that support signing in with Face ID
- Exposure Notification API to support COVID-19 contact tracing apps from public health authorities
- Option to control automatic prominence on Group FaceTime calls so video tiles do not change size when a participant speaks
- Option to automatically share health and other essential information from your Medical ID with emergency services when you place an emergency call (US only)
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
- Fixes an issue where users may see a black screen when trying to play streaming video from some websites
- Addresses an issue in the share sheet where suggestions and actions may not load