The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) is the public authority organization answerable for relocation the executives in the country.
The beginning of the NIS can be followed to the Nigeria Police Force (NPF). The assistance turned into a free body in 1958. Around then, it was known as the Immigration Department and was going by the Chief Federal Immigration Officer (CFIO).
Right now, the MIS fills in as an advanced, compelling and proficient Immigration Service with a thoroughly prepared and propelled labor force. The targets of this organization incorporate the reinforcing of the security and thriving of Nigeria through proactive, compelling and effective boundary security and relocation the board.
Here, we will be taking a gander at the movement workplaces spread across the 36 conditions of the country.
IMMIGRATION OFFICES IN NIGERIA: ADDRESSES & CONTACTS
First, there is the zonal headquarters which have listed below along with their location and email addresses.
1 Zone ‘A’ Lagos, PWD Bus Stop, former Passport Office, Ikeja nis.zoneA@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng
2 Zone ‘B’ Kaduna, Fed. Secretariat, Ahmadu Bello Way Kaduna nis.zoneB@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng
3 Zone ‘C’ Bauchi | Customs House, Yelwa Bauchi |nis.zoneC@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng
4 Zone ‘D’ Minna | Niger State Secretariat, Minna |nis.zoneD@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng
5 Zone ‘E’ Owerri Customs House, Onitsha Road Owerri |nis.zoneE@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng
6 Zone ‘F’ Ibadan | Customs Building, Bodija Ibadan |nis.zoneF@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng
7 Zone’ G’ Benin City | Ikpoba Hill by Command Hqters, Benin City nis.zoneG@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng
8 Zone ‘H’ Makurdi |6, Kashim Ibrahim Rd, Command Hqs Makurdi| nis.zoneH@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng
Also, if you’re looking for the state command offices in your state, below is a list of these offices in all the 36 states in Nigeria.
- Abia | Office No 72 Schl RD, Umuahia
- Adamawa | Fed Sec Complex Adamawa
- Akwa Ibom | Fed Sec Complex Uyo
- Anambra | Near Community Secondary School, Umuoramma Village, Awka
- Bauchi | Fed Sec Complex Bauchi
- Bayelsa | Road Safety Road, Yenagoa
- Benue | Old SSG Office GRA Makurdi
- Borno, Fed Sec Compex Maiduguri
- Cross River | 2 Out Ansa Street, Calabar
- Delta | Km 4 Onitsha/Benin Rd Asaba, opp Okwe Housing Estate
- Ebonyi | No 2 Afor Ezu Rd, Abakaliki
- Edo | Ikpoba Hill Benin City
- Ekiti | Fed Poly, Ado-Ekiti
- Enugu | Fed Sec Complex
- Gombe | Immigration Barracks Bauchi Rd, Gombe
- Imo | Fed Sec Complex Owerri
- Jigawa | Old State Secretariat, Dutse
- Kano | No 1 Barracks Rd, Bompai, Kano
- Katsina | Hassan Usman Road, Katsina
- Kebbi | Near Govt House, Argungi, Birnin Kebbi
- Kogi | Off Mount Pat Rd, Lokoja
- Kwara | Fed Sec Complex Road Ilorin
- Lagos | Alagbon Close, Ikoyi
- Nasarawa | Jos Rd, Lafia, Nasarawa
- Niger | Fed Sec Complex, Minna
- Ogun | Old Party Secretariat, Kobape Road, Abeokuta
- Ondo | Igbatoro Rd along Police Hqtrs, Akure
- Osun | Ede Rd, Osogbo
- Oyo | Agodi-Ibadan, Oyo
- Plateau |Fed Sec Complex, Tudun Wada, Jos
- Rivers | Feed Sec Complex, Port Harcourt
- Sokoto | Fed Sec Complex, Sokoto
- Taraba | Kpati Napo-Jalingo
- Yobe | Fed Sec Complex, Damaturu
- Zamfara | Near Govt House, Gusua
- FCT | Office Pilgrim Camp, Gwagwalada
Now, let’s take a look at the structure of the NIS as this will help you better understand the arrangement of the locations and the function of the different immigration offices:
- Operations & Passports
The Operations & Passports Division is known to many Nigerians as this is the directorate in charge of Visa/ Entry Permit, Standard Passport and other Travel Documents. It was in 1988, that this division came into being when the NIS was saddled with the responsibilty of issuing all Nigerian travel documents.
Overall, their responsibilities include: Issuing various Immigration facilities within specified real time; Driving successfully the implementation of the new Visa Policy; Pursuing to logical conclusion the investigation and cancellation of any fraudulently issued passports; Ensuring that a credible watch list is maintained and is circulated to passport offices and periodically updated; Keeping a soft-copy of Nigerians renouncing their citizenship and ensuring their passports are duly cancelled and Implementation of multilateral and bilateral agreements.
- Human Resource Management
This is a directorate that is involved in appointments, promotions and discipline of Immigration staff. The HR directorate is also involved in staff welfare and gender; training and manpower development.
Some of the roles of this directorate include: Ensuring a consistent update of the Nominal Roll; Implementing biometric registration of all officers; Ensuring enhanced welfare of officers; Profering unbiased recommendations for disciplining erring officers and; Providing the necessary administrative support to ensure the smooth running of the Service.
- Planning, Research & Statistics
This is another important directorate in the NIS. Some of the responsibilities of this directorate include:
This directorate is involved in: Conducting research and recommend policies to drive the Service; Analyzing statistical data and make necessary recommendations and projections as well as; Management and technical support for all ICT driven facilities of the service.
- Works & Procurement
As the name implies, this Directorate handles works and procurement. The roles of this directorate include: Ensuring the maintenance of infrastructure nationwide; Ensuring that contracts are duly awarded in accordance with the provisions of the Procurement Act; Project design, execution and monitoring according to specifications as well as Providing logistics and supply
- Finance & Accounts Directorate
The major responsibility of the Finance and Accounts Directorate is to provide the necessary financial support for the smooth running of the NIS. Other responsibilities include: Ensuring timely Budgeting and Budgetary Control; Ensuring timely payment of allowances and salaries to officers; Handling all financial transactions of the Service; Keeping records of revenue generation and Ensuring prudent financial management.
- Investigation, Inspectorate & Enforcement Directorate
This directorate is responsible for the: Investigation of breaches against the Immigration Act 2015 and other relevant laws; Preparation of Eligibility briefs on applicants seeking to obtain Nigeria Citizenship; Preparation of Status Report for grant of expatriate quota approvals; Carrying out Repatriations and Enforcement of Deportation Orders; Ensuring that incidences of Human Trafficking and Smuggling of migrants are reduced; Profiling of Officers holding strategic positions in the Service and all recruits; Surveillance, Hotel monitoring and inspection of Companies; Management of Suspect Index and Screening of Irregular migrants.