About half a year after the Motorola Moto G 5G Plus, the company released the more affordable version – the vanilla Moto G 5G. The newer device is almost identical to its older sibling in terms of design and hardware. There are just a couple of key components differentiating the two and allowing for a lower price point.
The standard Moto G 5G tones down the chipset to Snapdragon 750G instead of the Snapdragon 765G on the Plus model, and that’s a good thing. We start seeing a trend here, and we like how Motorola is putting effort into bringing more recent chipsets into consumers’ hands. Older Motorola handsets were often scolded for coming out with older SoCs. This is no longer the case. Both the Moto G 5G and the Moto G 5G Plus employ capable and up-to-date chipsets.
Motorola Moto G 5G specifications and Review :-
- Body: 166.1×76.1×9.9mm, 212g; Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame.
- Display: 6.70″ LTPS IPS LCD, HDR10, 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 393ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm): Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570); Adreno 619.
- Memory: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software: Android 10.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚, 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4, AF.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1.0µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS; Front camera: [email protected]
- Battery: 5,000mAh; Fast charging 20W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (rear-mounted); NFC; FM radio; 3.5mm jack.
Another key difference would be the display. Size and resolution (mostly) match, but the non-Plus variant we have here skips the HRR and settles for a standard 60Hz refresh rate. The camera experience is expected to be largely the same. Only the macro lens and the secondary selfie camera are missing, but the important ones are borrowed from the Plus’ setup. Battery and charging remain the same too.
But enough about the differences and similarities between the two. Like the Plus model, the proper Moto G 5G faces some stiff competition in this segment. We have Xiaomi, Samsung, and Realme with similar or identical chipsets offering an excellent value for money. So let’s see if the Moto G 5G is up to the task.
Unboxing the Motorola Moto G 5G
The handset comes in a standard box with the usual user manuals and the appropriate wall charger, and USB-A to USB-C cable. The charger is rated at 20W to support the phone’s fast-charging capability. You also get a transparent silicone case as a bonus.
Motorola Moto G 5G Price:
|64GB 4GB RAM||128GB 6GB RAM|
|64GB 4GB RAM||128GB 6GB RAM|
The pricing published on this page is meant to be used for general information only. While we monitor prices regularly, the ones listed above might be outdated. We also cannot guarantee these are the lowest prices possible so shopping around is always a good idea.